domingo, 8 de junio de 2008

When you deal a fast shuffle... Love is in the cards.

El otro día... creo que fue el domingo pasado... estaba tirada en el sillón con una fiaca mortal, haciendo zapping mientras me bajaba un paquete de Granix (qué porquería adictiva, se merecen un post aparte) y me colgué a ver una película b&n de los años cuarenta.

La enganché justo en la escena que muestra la foto, donde ella hablaba de cómo sería su hombre ideal:

- You have a right to have an ideal.
- Oh, I guess we all have one.
- What does yours look like?
- He's a little short guy with lots of money.
- Why short?
- What does it matter if he's rich? It's so he'll look up to me, so I'll be his ideal.
- That's a funny kind of reasoning. (...) I shouldn't think that kind of ideal was so difficult to find.
- Oh, he isn't. That's why he's my ideal. What's the sense of having one if you can't ever find him? Mine is a practical ideal... you can find two or three of in every barber shop getting the works.
- Why don't you marry one of them?
- Why should I marry anybody that looked like that? When I marry, it's going to be somebody I've never seen before. I won't know what he looks like or where he'll come from or what he'll be. I want him to sort of take me by surprise.

No sabía quienes actuaban ni el título, la saqué porque me quedé hasta los títulos y vi que los protagonistas eran Henry Fonda y Bárbara Stanwyck.

Muy naif, pero me gustó mucho. Creo que me está pegando el viejaso.
Mal.


The Lady Eve
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033804/
http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/l/the-lady-eve-script-transcript.html

No hay comentarios:


A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.

El Scout sonríe y canta ante las dificultades.



http://xkcd.com/15/